Read more about the publication history of J.R.R. Tolkien's works in Bulgaria.
EndorionHome of the Bulgarian Tolkien Society
Who we are
- The Bulgarian Tolkien Society was officially established in 1998 when the Bulgarian Tolkien Fan Club “Rin Ennor” was first registered as an non-profit non-governmental organization by a few students from the Sofia University.
- Nowadays, the Tolkien Society is one of the largest fan organizations in Bulgaria with more then 250 regular members all over the country.
- It is generally represented by this web site, two large discussion boards and by the Tolkien fan club “Rin Ennor”.
- Apart from the larger communities in the big cities, the Bulgarian Tolkien Society includes also a number of local clubs and groups.
What we do
- We regularly organize various nationwide events, related to the life and works of J.R.R. Tolkien, including exhibitions, seminars, contests, discussions and workshops.
- We take part in most of the national and international events related to fantasy and science fiction with lectures about Tolkien and his works.
- We intensively popularize Tolkien's works in the media.
- We created a unique project named “Online Tolkien University Armenelos”, which aim is to provide education, promote and encourage research into Tolkien's life and works in many different aspects.
- We have good relations with the Bulgarian translators of Tolkien's works, as well as with fellow literary societies and other groups in all fictional fields in the country.
Our goals and objectives
- We look for contacts with other Tolkien societies worldwide in order to establish regular and effective partnership for future projects and exchange.
- Publication of still unpublished Tolkien works in Bulgarian (The Letters of JRR Tolkien, The History of Middle-Earth, various essays and poems, etc.)
How to order the Bulgarian translations
To my disappointment, it turned out that it's pretty complicated to order Bulgarian books from outside the country.
There is also an online retailer that has a website in English and is offering orders from abroad: http://www.knigomania.bg/
Please, feel free to contact me if you encounter any problems at all. We will figure it out. :)
Contact person: Kaloyan Ivanov